- Undergraduate Thesis: How Games Affect Our Behavior: An Examination Through Symbolic Interactionism. Winner in the 2016 Science, Technology, and Society Research Category at UVa SEAS' 29th Annual Undergraduate Research and Design Symposium. Project Advisor: Lisa Messeri.
- Undergraduate Capstone Technical Report: Bookmark: An Educational Game in Critical Reading. A report on the implementation and analysis of my undergraduate capstone project, Bookmark. Project Advisor: Mark Floryan. More information on Bookmark can be found here.
Preliminary Design and Planning Documents
The majority of these documents were created for the Game Design Class at the University of Virginia. They are relatively high level, but each one provides a great starting point for a game's development.
- Charge Design Document: The initial design document for Charge. More information about the finished game can be found here.
- Charge Storyboards: Created as a way to detail, solidify, and discuss the core concepts of Charge.
- Viewport Design Document: The initial design document for Viewport. More information about the finished game can be found here.
- The Quest for Uddlepud Kingdom: A comedy puzzle game, where the player must travel through multiple worlds and employ out-of-the-box thinking to save Uddlepud Kingdom from its impending destruction.
- Bubbleform: You are a bubble. Solve puzzles by transferring air between yourself and the surrounding platforms. Be careful - you don't want to pop!
- Under Construction: In this platformer, players must design the final details of each level, modifying the game world in order to succeed.
Each one of these documents takes a single game, analyzes it using the MDA framework (Mechanics, Dynamics, Aesthetics), and discusses some interesting design details.
- Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator: Game by Thom Robertson. More information can be found on Artemis' main website.
- A Bird Story: Game by Freebird Games. More information can be found on A Bird Story's main website.
- Proteus: Game by Ed Key & David Kanaga. More information can be found on Proteus' main website.
- The Walking Dead: Game created by Telltale Games. More information can be found on the main website.